• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • NOTICE: There are two new video channel areas set up, one for staff, and one for subscribing members. You need to create a folder. Then add your media to that folder. Once added, you can cut and paste the code at the bottom right to embed the media into a post on the forum.

It works very similarly to YouTube, except videos are stored on our server. Click Here For The Video Channels

[4]

Pm-1236 Lathe Manual

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Muskt

Home Shop Tinkerer
Wow Matt, Thanks!
I just downloaded & very briefly looked it over--VERY NICE.
As I said, I have not had time to read all of it, but the overall presentation is very good.
Will file a better report after reading/studying the entire document.

Again, Thanks.
Jerry in Delaware

Dan_S

Active User
Excellent work Matt.

I'm looking forward to the new website.

brav65

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
Very nice. Is it a goal to do a manual for all of your more popular machines?

qualitymachinetools

Active User
H-M Supporter - Site Sponsor
Yes we are doing them for all of them. Manual is finished for the PM-25 too, I will post that one soon.

qualitymachinetools

Active User
H-M Supporter - Site Sponsor
We have a bunch of machines done now, the 25, 727, 932, 1236 are all done, and 1340GT is almost finished up. 1228 will be done as soon as the new models come in, we have to get back to that one. We will have them for all of the machines over time.

RIO

CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE PM1340GT MANUAL!
PLEASE POST IN THE PM1340GT THREADS WE ALL ARE SUBSCRIBED TO WHEN IT'S DONE.
Thanks Matt.

accokeek

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Matt

Many thanks, yet another reason I'm glad I went with the PM1236 - very nicely doen manual. In an earlier post you mentioned that there was a new manual for the PM932 Mill, is that available? I have the PM932-PDF and am very happy so far.

derwood144

zmotorsports

Staff member
We have a bunch of machines done now, the 25, 727, 932, 1236 are all done, and 1340GT is almost finished up. 1228 will be done as soon as the new models come in, we have to get back to that one. We will have them for all of the machines over time.
That's awesome Matt, thank you.

Mike.

derwood144

Hi, Matt. Great job on the manual, but there's one important miscue in there: On page 19, the threading chart for the gears pertaining to the upper gear as being 24T, the settings for the gearbox have been transposed-for 16 tpi, for example, the setting should be MI not MII, and vice verse. All of the settings for those tpis should be reversed.(or just swap the MI and MII fields) I made the mistake of following this manual instead of the chart on the machine(which is correct) and tore my hair out for a while till I figured that out. Others should take note and avoid this mistake. Otherwise, very nicely done!

tweinke

Active User
Matt nice job! For me being able to browse the manuals of prospective machine purchases is very nice, so at least a guy can get a feel of how the machine is built/operated. Still grinning when I use my PM727.

MikeWi

Active User
Matt, I just discovered this post. This is a great manual, and I already learned a couple things that I either missed or wasn't in the original! Reading about the Micrometer stop really makes me jealous though, it wasn't offered when I bought mine! LOL

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'll just sticky these all from now on when I see them.

[6]
[5] [7]